There are 4 different types of control services on our Pest Free Guarantee™ plan.
What your pest control technician will do during your service depends on which pest(s) are being treated for, and which type of service is being performed.
The purpose of this service is to identify the best treatment strategy for your pest issue(s) and implement the strategy’s first phase.
- For pests like insects and rodents, the first phase is to get them out of your home so following treatments can focus on keeping them out.
- For stinging pests like wasps or hornets, the first phase is to eliminate any active nests in your home or property.
During the initial service your technician will:
1. Assess the pest situation and identify the pest treatment strategy. As part of this initial assessment:
- Sweep away cobwebs and nests around the exterior and inside the garage (if access available).
- Inspect exterior and interior (if accessible) for pest activity, proper sealing around doors, windows, garage doors, and exterior piping and wiring where they enter the home.
- Perform a customized crack/crevice treatment and yard spot treatment as necessary.
2. For insects and other bugs, apply a product to push the pests out of your home and/or eliminate the nest(s) for social bugs like ants.
3. For stinging insects like wasps or hornets, directly treat the nest with a product that will kill the entire colony and possibly remove it if necessary.
4. For rodents, lay down a series of professional bait stations based on the existing rodent activity.
30 Day Follow-Up Service
The purpose of the 30 day follow-up is to verify that the first treatment worked properly and that there are no further issues.
During the 30 day follow-up service your technician will:
1. Assess the results of the first treatment.
2. For insects and bugs, your pest control technician will apply a product to create a barrier around your home and keep them out. The idea here is that the initial service pushes them out, and then the 30 day follow up service (and all following services) creates and maintains a barrier that keeps them out.
3. For rodents, check the bait stations for activity and reposition or refill them as necessary.
4. For both insects and rodents, if these pests were present in the home during the initial visit, then during the 30 day follow up small entrances and openings will be filled to prevent them coming back in (this is called exclusion).
The purpose of the seasonal/quarterly service is to maintain your home’s protection year-round. Different pests are found at different times throughout the year, as can be seen on this Utah State pest fact sheet.
During each seasonal/quarterly service your technician will:
1. Power spray your home’s foundation with a synthetic treatment. (During colder months, pest control technicians may opt for dry products/dusts to increase the effectiveness of the products and ensure that the products do not freeze.)
2. Sweep any cobwebs and nests around the exterior and inside the garage (if access available).
3. Inspect exterior and interior (if accessible) for insect activity, proper sealing around doors, windows, garage doors, and exterior piping and wiring where they enter the home.
4. Perform a customized crack/crevice treatment and yard spot treatment as necessary.
5. Apply a botanically-derived treatment to your home’s interior (or synthetic for extreme pest situations).
6. Treat as otherwise required based on pest activity, specific needs and customer requests.
Free Reservices Year-Round if You See Pest Activity Between Scheduled Services
If you see pests between your regular scheduled services on our Pest Free Guarantee™, just give our friendly customer service team a call and we’ll send out a technician within 1 or 2 business days (in most cases) for free!
This is especially helpful in the late summer and fall when stinging pests like wasps and hornets or home-invasive pests like stink bugs and boxelder bugs can strike at any time.
During a free reservice your technician will:
1. Assess the pest activity you’re seeing and directly treat it.
2. For insects and bugs, this will generally involve applying a product to the area(s) with activity.
3. For rodents, this may involve re-positioning existing bait stations, setting up new ones, or laying down a series of traps to identify the precise area(s) of activity so they can be treated on a following treatment.
At Bamboo Servicing, we take our Pest Free Guarantee™ seriously. We strive to provide the best pest control services in Utah county and the surrounding areas. Give us a call at 385-429-2847 if you have any concerns or you need a free reservice between your regularly scheduled pest control services.